Monday, October 15, 2012

buttons

today on my walk to work, i saw a button in a sidewalk crack. i couldnt help but wonder where the person is who owned this button. maybe in one of the tall buidlings above me, maybe driving a bus, or maybe it's the person in front of me who lost the button. then i started thinking about the poor, unassuming soul who hasn't a button...

his pants aren't fastened. he is in the office kitchen, pouring his coffee and his coworker notices but doesnt say anything. for the rest of the morning, he'll wonder why she was unordinarily stand-offish.

her blouse is open. she is running to a meeting because she's late and her eye catches an un-desired glare and from a married man who licks his lips and winks at her. for the rest of the morning, she'll feel dirty.

then, i looked down at myself.
i have all my buttons today.
do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment