Saturday, October 20, 2012

winter is on its way

You're your own fucking tsunami, ruining everything in your path. Yours is a brewing swell, growing and overtaking me. I can feel wet, cold, salty drops rushing down my cheeks. I'm taking cover on higher ground. I'm headed inland. I'm leaving you in your lonely town, population: one. You earned it, fair and square. For the rest of your life, you'll be living in ruins. Existing among the destruction you caused yourself. The righteous storm, your epic collapse... waves of pathetic, artificial attempts to make some sense of your tragedies. So you turn your back from the warm shores of a loving embrace, because it's easier to tower over me than to fall for me. Winter is on its way. While your freezing over, empty and alone, I'll be nowhere around, nowhere to be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment