Friday, July 6, 2012

Wind

the wind wildly composes
a vicious score to be heard.
a melody of twisting, turning tunes
push and prod against the thick air.
branches pound and stroke the keys.
leaves swirl in the melody, harmoniously.
and in times like these,
moments from the past
flash across my inner mind.
all at once,
and all too much.
they string themselves,
bead by bead…
oh, this necklace i wear
of
confusion
and
serenity.
i tug the strings but they endure.
no matter my countless attempts.
i try to forget.
to anguish and suffocate
the embers of putrid memories
which stifle my breath.
their once diminutive presence,
now regrettably monumental,
choke me in my self-deprecation.


but
then!
a cruel companion joins me.
pity.
our eyes lock
and i embrace the storm.
waiting, waiting,
without a care.
dedicated.
steadfast.
i dare my foe to draw her sword.

No comments:

Post a Comment